Three Surprising Exercises to Eliminate a Double Chin
In our country alone, there are still 78 million adults who continue to struggle with obesity. According to the latest statistics from the National Center for Health, part of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, obesity among U.S. adults is slowly leveling off after the last few decades of skyrocket figures. Still many men and women find it difficult to eliminate their unflattering double chin. Even slender adults who are healthy have sagging skin under their jaw. Thoughtfully though, experts have developed a few simple exercises to help reduce the appearance of the double chin. Here are the best three exercises to help your face feel and look younger.
- Experts agree that the chin lift is one of the best double chin exercises around. It assists the user by stretching the jaw muscles, and tones both the throat and neck. To perform this exercise, follow these steps:
- Keep your spine erect, while sitting or standing
- Tilt the head back until facing up toward the ceiling
- Pucker lips tightly, hold for 5 seconds and release
The key to this exercise is to not only tone and stretch the muscles of the jaw and neck, but to release tension from the patient’s shoulders and neck. Follow these steps to perform the exercise:
- Stand or sit with spine erect
- Turn head gently side to side
- Slowly roll head down, until chin rests on the chest
- While exhaling lift the head up to the opposite shoulder
- Repeat five to 10 times
This exercise gives the individual’s face a workout, as well as the double chin. It promotes balance and strengthens all the areas supporting your face. To do the jaw release follow these steps:
- Sit or stand with spine erect
- Inhale through nose and exhale slowly, while humming with your lips pressed tight
- Move the jaw while breathing in and out as you would with chewing food
- After exhaling, open mouth wide, rest the tongue on the back of lower teeth and release an audible “ahh” sound
- Repeat five to 10 times
While these exercises may not always help quickly eliminate the site of your double chin, you have a safe and fast solution waiting for you. The Ribbon Lift is a device that can rejuvenate and promote a youthful-looking appearance. It is a minimally invasive procedure that grabs on to the tissues connecting the neck and face to successfully remove the double chin.
Consult with our cosmetic surgeon Dr. Bergus for the best solution to remove your double chin. For most of us a simple exercise regimen and diet may be all we need, but to ensure that your double chin is gone forever make the Ribbon Lift your choice for long-lasting youthful results.